A couple of days ago, I posted an article detailing what I would love to see in for a Digital Twitchcon. A few days later, we’ve confirmed that Digital Twitchcon is set for Saturday, November 14th, 2020. The event will feature a lot of Twitchcon staples including Artist Alley, the Cosplay Contest, Twitch Rivals, and other streamed events to be determined.
While Twitch has not made an official announcement yet, they did post something on September 11th, where the date November 14, 2020, is teased. Now, we have more insight confirming that we’ll be seeing a digital Twitchcon event on that date. This includes calls to the community for Artists and Cosplayers.
Digital Twitchcon Cosplay Contest
Cosplayers wanting to enter their creations into the Digital Twitchcon contest will need to submit a variety of tasks to be considered. Entrants will compete virtually for $18,000 in cash prizes. To enter the Cosplay Contest you need to do the following:
- You must stream the creation of your cosplay for at least 8 hours, while in the Cosplay category and include “Twitch 2020 Cosplay Contest Entry” in the title of the broadcast.
- You must include videos and images of the completed (or nearly completed) cosplay before October 9th.
- You must be 18+ and live in the US, Canada, EEA, Switzerland or UK.
The grand prize winner will take home $8000. There will also be five other categories including Needlework, Armor, FX, Larger Than Life, and “Fan Favorite”. Each of those winners will take home $2000.
You must submit your entry before October 9th, and finalists will be announced no later than October 16th. The live finale will take place during Digital Twitchcon on November 14th, 2020.
For more information and to enter your Cosplay Contest creation, here is the Digital Twitchcon entry form.
Digital Twitchcon Artist Alley
Another event at November 14, 2020’s Digital Twitchcon will be Artist Alley. Artists will need to do a series of tasks to be included, and featured live. Here are the list of tasks you’ll need to complete:
- A short 500-word ‘pitch’ for a segment. Artists will be live on stream for 5-10 minutes with hosts that will be asking questions and showcasing your work. You’ll need to be putting on a BIG and BOLD show for that period of time – so consider that during your pitch.
- Include a clip of you making art live on Twitch.
- You’ll need to provide a link to your storefront – it must meet TOS/Community Guidelines… so NSFW content creators will need to clean it up if they want to be considered.
- You must be ‘in good standing’, meaning you have no recent suspensions or other moderation infractions over the last 90 days. You must also stay in good standing up until the Digital Twitchcon event on November 14, 2020.
- You’ll need to complete and submit your application by October 3, 2020.
While anyone can enter, they are looking mainly for those with active Twitch channels. The Artists selected will be contacted no later than October 9, 2020.
For more information on Artist Alley, here is the Digital Twitchcon entry form.
More to come as things are announced!
I’m confirming more details on what will happen at Digital Twitchcon 2020. I’ve been told there will be all the commonly associated events as an in-person Twitchcon, but that the details are still being finalized. Expect more information on panels, Twitch Rivals, and other events soon!
This post will be updated as more events are confirmed!